Friday, September 14, 2012

This is Tiffiny - Let me Introduce myself


Hello...My name is Tiffiny Smith and my dear, dear friend Renae Beushausen and I have begun our "fitness journey" together. We are beginning with Zumba and are pretty darn excited about it! 

If you are not familiar with Zumba, it combines Latin and International music with a fun and effective dance workout system.


Our journey began last week, on Monday, 9/3/12.  


During week one, we met four times and learned the foundational 24 steps to the Zumba routines. For me this was quite amusing as I'm not the most "coordinated" in the world.  Renae picks up the steps faster than me, so I would watch her feet and not so much the TV as the instructors feet were backwards to me from the screen!  We made it through ALL the steps and believe me, I still need LOTS of practice but I was quite impressed how fast we are learning.  Now adding the "hips" and "arms"....that is ANOTHER post indeed...but that will come with practice!!!  It will be nice to get there but I am SO enjoying the journey so far!

During week two (this week) we made it through the 20 minute express workout for the first time!!! Woot woot!!! LOVED feeling the burn and sweating!!!  We are meeting four times this week as well and will be doing the 20 minute express workout each time.  


Now on to more personal stuff...

I have to mention how I was first "introduced" to Zumba.  A few years ago my two friends, Candy Siklosi and Sharon Maples invited me to my "first" Zumba class at the James River Church fitness center.  Well it was fun but I said it was "not for me" and I swore I would NEVER do it again.  I couldn't figure out the steps people!!!!  :0))))  So I didn't stick with it back then but things sure seem to come around full circle again huh?!!!  

That is when my friend Renae and I committed to working out together a few short weeks ago and that we would start with Zumba.  


"Oh Zumba, you couldn't leave me alone now could you!!!" 

So "who is Tiffiny"?  Well, I am an "Already Fabulous" woman who has determined to "Get Fit".  

In my single years I had always been very athletic.  I played college volleyball, indoor/outdoor volleyball leagues post college, was an avid walker, for a brief number of years while living in Minneapolis, MN I also was a runner (doing a lot of 5 & 10K runs), I liked to play golf, water ski, down hill ski and overall, I was a pretty active person.  

Then I got married in 2007 to my wonderful husband Russ Smith and very soon after our wedding we got pregnant with our BEAUTIFUL now 4 year old daughter Charis.

That is where the exercising and "being active" stopped for me.  I was very focused with being a first time mommy (and loving it by the way) that I just didn't really think about exercising and taking that cherished "me time" to stay active and in shape.  In fact, as a new parent, being "majorly" sleep deprived and taking care of a new baby...exercise was the LAST thing on my mind! 

I've been blessed to be able to stay home with my daughter Charis since she was born and now that she is going to her last year of Pre-school before entering kindergarten next fall, I have a lot more free time to focus on getting in shape!!!


I made a decision that I need a healthy balance in my life now!  I love being a wife, mother, friend and a woman but it is NOW TIME to achieve a level of fitness and exercise in my life that has been absent for over five years!!!  I never thought that could happen!!!  But it did and I'm OK with that because I can pick back up where I left off...well not as high as intensity of course, but getting back into a routine, staying disciplined and having LOTS of fun during the journey is something I'm VERY EXCITED about!!!


The last thing I'd like to share is that life is "all about" relationships and doing life "together".  So I am THRILLED to be taking this journey with my good friend Renae.  I know for me, it is MUCH easier getting back "into the swing of exercising" when I have someone to do it with me.  Not only do I have to keep "my word" and show up when we have scheduled a workout but it is FUN doing this with someone else!  


So if you would like to join Renae and I in our journey to "GETTING FIT", please continue reading! We will be sharing lots of wellness information and the things we are learning along the way!


Have an AWESOME day!...


And KNOW that YOU TOO are "ALREADY FABULOUS" even if you haven't begun your personal fitness journey yet, or if you are just beginning like Renae and I or if you've been on your fitness journey for awhile now!!!  


It's not what we look like on the outside that make us "Fabulous" it is what is on the inside of us that "Truly" makes us "FABULOUS"!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment