Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hello everyone, my name is Renae. My dear friend Tiffiny and I have decided to start a journey together and we invite you along.  Tiffiny and I will both be posting to this blog.  Our reasons for starting may be different, our goals may be different, but will enjoy the ride together.  The name of our blog "Getting Fit, Already Fabulous" well, the name pretty much speaks for it's self.  Though our bodies may not be perfect, or where we want them to be, we are still fabulous women!

 I am a healthy overweight over 40 (barely) woman.  I have come to the end of my rope.  Not necessarily with the weight itself  (not that I won't enjoy loosing it) but with the attitude people in general have with overweight people. My goal is to encourage others, to love themselves wherever they find themselves.  I will be the same me as I loose the weight as I am now.  Will I be happier with the way I look?...well YESSS!  That doesn't mean, that I don't like the me now.  Being content and satisfied with who I am doesn't mean that I don't strive to be a better me. I have not always been fat, but I have been fat most of my adult life.  I have been the same size now for at least 15 years.  I allowed myself to believe I was fat when I was younger until I made it happen.  I believe my thoughts were the foundation of my future.  I saw myself a certain way, that lead me to begin to act on those thoughts and become that way.  My story is mine, and mine alone.  What I believe is about me.  Everyone has there own story to tell.  Don't ever let anyone else tell your story for you!

a little about Renae:
I am currently back in school, In fact I graduate in May and will have three degrees (culinary arts, pastry arts, & hospitality management), then I will continue on to obtain my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.  I have a passion of cooking for others.  I find that with my own diet, ehh not so much.  This will be one of my first changes.

I come from a large, blended family and I LOVE being an aunt.  I am single, never been married and have no children of my own.  To be honest, when I am ready to have my own children (which it's looking scarce at my age...LOL) I want to adopt.

I love football and enjoy watching hockey...hmmm it seems I have an affinity for rough sports.  I do like other sports but those are the two favorites. 

I work as Grant Administrator for a non-profit and have been with the organization for 7 1/2 years.  I also own an online bakeshop & catering company, and I am a Marketing Executive for an in-home wellness company.  Yes, I am busy, but I like being busy.  However, it is my philosophy that people/relationships should come first. I am blessed so that I can be a blessing to others.

My hope is that I can be an encouragement to someone else.  If my struggle with weight can help someone find hope, then the struggle will have been worth it.  So thanks for joining our journey!

Welcome to...GETTING FIT, ALREADY FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment