Monday, December 3, 2012

Failure or Success?

"Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable"

- Coco Chanel

Wow...have I really stepped away since the middle of October?!?!  YES, yes I have.  For that I am sorry.  I knew when Tiffiny and I started this journey it wouldn't be easy breezy lemon squeezy, but man, I was hoping for some divine inspiration...by inspiration I mean a divine move that would push past my procrastinating tendencies and excuse making abilities.  I realize, that means stomping all over my...will!   

I have to make a choice.  I am apparently going to have to make this choice on a daily basis...no, probably a minute by minute basis.  At least until it becomes habit, then a lifestyle.

"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"

 - Thomas A. Edison

What can you learn from my public failure to complete my goals in my allotted time?  YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  Don't give up! I'm not giving up.  Anytime I slack or completely stop working toward my intended goal.  I have to re-direct myself.  This may happen a lot before it clicks and sticks.  I have to give myself a pep talk.  Make sure it's a positive pep talk.  Don't get down on yourself, you'll only feel worse.  Just tell  yourself what's done is done, you can't go back and change it.  Just start fresh right now, today, this very moment, and move on.  You may have to tell yourself this everyday for awhile...it will sink in.

“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” 

- Joel Osteen

So how have I picked myself up this time.  I have started a new diet. Let me clarify, I'm not saying diet as in loosing weight diet, although I'm hoping it does that.  I say diet as in the way I eat, a lifestyle.  This lifestyle has me eating 5 small meals a day. Now, this takes planning on my part.  I am planning my meals for the week and by each day.  Then I have to actually prepare them so they are ready to go when I need them.  I have calculated the number of calories I could consume to maintain my current weight.  Seriously? why would I change anything if that was my purpose...but I digress.  From that I can calculate what I need to consume to loose weight, along with working out.  Tonight starts a new workout for me...INSANITY.  Yes, I dare!  I am a little bit afraid and a lot excited.  I need something that is going to jump start my weight loss.  That is what will motivate me.

"Success is stumbling from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

-Winston Churchill

Just one last thing to remind you of before I go....

YOU ARE ALREADY FABULOUS!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment